Wednesday, September 7, 2016

September 6, 2016

Hey! 

It was a really good week! We baptized! It was a lot of fun! Her name is Brenda and she is such a sweet heart. I forgot my camera so I will have to send the pic another week! 

I have been so tired but its been so much fun! My new area requires a lot more effort and patience but it's filled with miracles. We are teaching a family who is preparing to be baptized. I went on divisions to this area a month and a half ago or so and I was able to find this family, and now I'm preparing them to get baptized! HOW CRAZY!? haha

Right now I have 3 companions. Two of them are leaving on change day this 13th and the other, who was transferred here yesterday, will be my future companion. His name is Elder Gonzalez and we entered the mission together. He is from Costa Rica and a great guy!

This last week I read something that really hit me hard. It's a quote by Spencer W. Kimball and it hits me personally.

“We must lay on the altar and sacrifice whatever is required by the Lord. We begin by offering a ‘broken heart and a contrite spirit.’ We follow this by giving our best effort in our assigned fields of labor and callings. We learn our duty and execute it fully. Finally we consecrate our time, talents, and means as called upon by our file leaders and as prompted by the whisperings of the Spirit. There is ample opportunity to give our all. And as we give, we find that ‘sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven!’ And in the end, we learn it was no sacrifice at all.
-Spencer W. Kimball

And in the end, we learn it was no sacrifice at all. To that I bare my testimony to.

Its not a sacrifice, its a blessing.

I love you all!

Elder Buhrley

In letter to the family: 

Hey! Being an assistant really is crazy. People don't know how to drive here! Out of all the assistants of this past 8 months only one didn't crash the mission car! I plan on being the second! 

I am learning a lot. It's really not about me. I just want to be the best tool for God to use. President Markham has been teaching me that. It's been fun to be talking so frequently with such a powerful and inspired man. 

I love the mission. I love my savior. I love you all. Thanks for all the support and love! 

Elder Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment