Tuesday, July 26, 2016

July 19, 2016

This week was a lot of fun! We have been working really well and it feels good!


Rafael Solis!
We baptized Rafael Solis! That guy has to be one of the most prepared guys I've ever seen in my life. He truly is someone that God wants in His kingdom. It was a real privilege to baptize him! 

We are working with some more great people that are soooo prepared and it feels so good! These people love to hear the gospel and are keeping all their commitments. It's a true blessing to be in the mission right now. We should baptize 2 more people this Sunday!

I have a few thoughts that I have had on my mind. 


As a Zone Leader I have had a great opportunity to get to know a ton of missionaries. I get to correct them a lot too. What a blessing right? Ha My companion and I were just talking the other day and we noticed that sometimes as leaders, and as people in general, we are just so quick to see the faults in someone. Elder Garcia and I decided that instead of looking for the faults in the missionaries in our zone that we would look for their strengths and what makes them so great. We made a list for every missionary of things that make them so unique and special, a list of their strengths. We have decided to change our way of thinking. We have come to know that every single person that we have in our zone is absolutely unique and special in their own way. It's the same thing in life. Every single person has so many strengths and greatnesses. There is only one of you in the whole world. God doesn't want you to be someone else. He made you to be different from everyone else. He has given to you millions and millions of talents and abilities that others do not have. As Elder Garcia and I have made these lists and handed them out to our missionaries we have seen a big difference in them and their results. They are using more of their God given talents and seeing a lot more success. Each one of us is absolutely special, we should be using the things that God has given us instead of just focusing on our imperfections. 

Another thought

Sergio who should be getting baptized here soon!
The prodigal son. This parable is a story that we should live every day of our lives. Every single day we need to be the son. At night on our knees we need to reconcile ourselves to God. Which the word reconcile literally means - to sit with again. We need to repent and come unto God with all purpose of heart and sit with Him once again. Every day we also must be the father. We all know someone who is a little lost or who is trying to do their best but still messes up and falls. We need to be the one who is there with our arms wide open to receive them and rejoice with them when they are taking steps back to their Father in Heaven. I have felt this parable so personally in my mission. As the son as I get down on my knees and as I partake of the Sacrament. As the father as I get to see the repentance of a dear loved one whom I am teaching and I get to rejoice with him. 

I love you all! Thanks for all the help and support that you have all given me! 

Elder Buhrley


-

No comments:

Post a Comment