Tuesday, July 21, 2015

July 21, 2015

HEYYYYYYY!!!!!


Soo this week was crazy!!! First off, there are changes! I am leaving Patulul! Who knows where! I'm excited for this change tho!


We had some more baptisms this week! Completed a family! It was so awesome! The family Hernandez is officially numbered as some of God's people! I love them so much! The mom is pregnant and the Dad, Alex, asked Elder Martinez and I the other day for our first names and was really persistent. We were like, "We can't tell you!" and he was like, "I want to name my kid after you guys if he is a boy! Now what are your names!?!" haha I love him so much!

He was such a miracle. We were contacting houses and were teaching his mother-in-law, who was a complete goat (wouldn't accept the message). At the end of the lesson Alex came out and we were like, "Can we pray with you?"

He was like, "Yeah, why not." We invited him and his daughter to church after the prayer, and they actually came! That's a miracle in itself! We taught him the next week and found out he had a real problem with drinking and smoking, so we taught him the Word of Wisdom and the day we taught him that was the day he stopped smoking and drinking. He is such a stud! He was so prepared! I love him and his family! They were such a miracle!


So right before the baptism of Alex, a big storm came and blew down their house. So that was a big trial for him. We asked him what he would like to do, because Sundays are his only day off from work. He told us "Baptize me this Sunday." haha so we did!


This last week as service Elder Martinez and I went deep into the Guatemalan Jungle with a member (mountain man) to find trees to cut down to use for Alex's house. We hiked in the jungle for maybe an hour and found the trees to use. Hardest hike I've ever done, so that was hard in itself. Then we cut down these trees and put them on our backs and walked straight up the side of a mountain to get them where they need to be. It was like football camp times 10. I was the tallest one there (obviously, Guatemalans are soo short!) and the strongest, so I did all the heavy lifting. It was soooo intense! I did it all in my white shirt and slacks. It was the hardest workout I've ever done! haha It was so much fun tho!


So now the Family Hernandez have a house and whenever we go over there they call it "The house that the missionaries built." I love service! Then this Sunday we baptized Maria Fernanda and Odra! They have another daughter but she is 7. Such a blessing to have found this family and to see the change in them!

I LOVE THIS MISSION!


Elder Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment