Sunday, August 2, 2015

July 28, 2015

HEYYY!!!!

So I am in my new area! It's called, Palin! It's  soooo awesome! It was really hard to say goodbye to all of my friends and converts in Patulul but I'm so excited to be here in Palin! I forgot my camera.. sorry. no pictures today!

My new campanion is names Elder Aguirre! He is from Honduras! He is such a stud! I love him to death! He is so humble and a hard worker. He is going to have 2 years of membership in the church this next month! He is so new to the church but he knows why he is here and I love that about him. He doesn't have a great knowledge of the scriptures so I am helping him out with that. It's a ton of fun being here with him! We are going to work miracles in Palin!

This last change the Elders here in Palin only baptized 1 person. But we are going to baptize so many! Our investigators are soo great! We have so much support from the members! Be ready for some baptism photos! 

Spiritual Thought.. Read Mosiah 5:13 and meditate. Pay attention to what the spirit is saying to you. "For how knoweth a man the master who he has not served, and who is a stranger unto him, and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart?"
What is the spirit telling you? We are latter day saints. We took upon ourselves the name of Christ at baptism. We promised, Covenanted with him, that we will always remember him. 
Do we know christ? Are we serving him? Where are our thoughts? The intents of our hearts? In this scripture lies great self-reflection. I know that this work, mission work, is the work of our Lord Jesus Christ. There is no greater work. To know Christ is to serve him. Help those missionaries in your cities. I know that a lot of you live in Utah but remember that there are people everywhere that need this message and help, even your ancestors through temple work. You will find great joy in this work. D and C 18:19-20. You will have happiness in this work. Its a promise from God. He never has and never will vary from his promises. 

I love you all so much! Thanks for everything! 

Elder Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment