Wednesday, October 7, 2015

September 29, 2015


I always have these great thoughts about what I'm going to say but when I start typing literally nothing comes to my mind...
This week was awesome. We are seeing a lot of miracles and I am so grateful for it. We had a meeting with the assistants as a zone and they gave us a real heart breaker. We are underachieving as a mission and the assistants let us know. It really lit a fire underneath me. I take great pride in my mission and this hit me hard. So after this meeting my companion and I have been killing ourselves and it's never felt so good. 

We are seeing a lot of miracles. We had a lesson with and investigator names Felipe. He is a stud who has real intention to know how he can be closer to God. We brought the spirit really hard with him and answer every question that he had and taught about the restoration of the gospel. At the end of the lesson he told us, "When you guys are here I can feel the presence of God. I had previous plan for this Sunday but I will do everything I can to change them so I can go to Church with you guys." It felt so good hearing him say that. I love him.

We have a solid family in our ward and they had a cousin move in with them, his name is Selvin. We started the lesson with him and it was pretty obvious that he didn't want to listen but we just brought the spirit. At the beginning of the lesson he was lying sideways and was on his phone but then we just asked him to listen for 10 minutes and we promised he wouldn't regret it. I love seeing the look in the eyes of someone when they are feeling the holy ghost. He didn't want to listen at the beginning, but at the end of the lesson we challenged him to get baptized this 11th of October and he said that he would prepare. I love the holy ghost. It's incredible.

We had a camp fire! It was an awesome activity! Elder Giron and I chopped wood up, (Its the type of service we do here for literally everyone, I love chopping wood) and we had a campfire! We had almost all of our recent converts there so that was awesome! It was a bunch of fun. 

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH! Thanks for everything! Know that I love you all individually! I know that the gospel is true. If you are having doubts, get down on your knees and ask God himself and I can promise you that if you do it with faith you will receive an answer. The Holy Ghost will testify to your heart that it is true. The Holy Ghost gives knowledge that man can not give. LOVE YOU ALL!

Elder Buhrley





No comments:

Post a Comment