Wednesday, October 7, 2015

September 22, 2015

 Hello everyone...

I really don't have much to write this week. We didn't have any baptisms so that was a bummer but we do have one set for this week. We are just preparing our investigators right now. We have a ton with a date of baptism so we are preparing them for their dates! We have some really great investigators and it's such a blessing to be able to be here to help them. It's amazing to be able to look at the change in someone. It's incredible!

As a mission we are reading the Book of Mormon in 90 days. It's crazy but it's so much fun. I just finished the Book of Mormon for the 3rd time here in the mission and with every verse read I'm learning more about God, Our savior Jesus Christ, and what I need to do to grow closer to them. The Book of Mormon is so powerful. In the introduction it says, The Book of Mormon contains the fullness of the gospel restored. Which means that if we read that book, and follow it, we will have eternal life. There is no other book that I know of that has that promise. I challenge for everything to read the Book of Mormon daily. You will see and feel a difference within yourself. Read, Meditate, and Pray. Its powerful.

I'm teaching classes of English as a service opportunity and the other day when I was teaching in a member's house I realized that I really have forgotten a lot of English.. I can't speak Spanish like a pro yet, and I have forgotten my English. haha I am in an awkward place. :) 

The mission is incredible. If anyone has any thoughts about going. JUST DO IT. I promise you will every fiber of my being that you will not regret it. And for everyone else, there is missionary work to be done. We, as members in this church, have the message that is of the most worth among the children of men. We have what brings Hope, Peace, and Direction to those people who will accept it. Peace, because Jesus Christ is the Prince of Peace. Hope, because we know who our God is. We know he loves us and gave his son. We are the only church that has the fullness of the Atonement. We can change and we have hope to change to become closer to our Father in heaven. Direction. We know the plan that God has for us. The plan of salvation, the plan of happiness. It is our duty to share with every living soul this message. It's absolutely selfish to keep it to ourselves. As a missionary I'm constantly inviting and challenging people to meet expectations from God. Mission work is an expectation from God. I invite everyone to pray for opportunities to share this marvelous message. And when you have that opportunity to share, don't think twice, don't respect the views of men, share with that person. The Holy Ghost will lead you to them who are desperately seeking for this happiness. I can testify that. 

I love you all! Thanks for all the support! I am so grateful to have you guys in my life! I am so blessed! LOVE YOU!!

Elder Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment