Thursday, February 18, 2016

February 17, 2016

Hi Everyone!

This week has been so crazy! We baptized Suceli! She is awesome! It was a really good baptism. We had a lot of investigators and people that we had reactivated in church this Sunday. It was a perfect Sunday. Then it hit me... I HAVE CHANGES. None the less I received a call Sunday night from President telling me I was leaving Villa Nueva and that I am now called to be a Zone Leader in Antigua Guatemala. It was a call I wasn't expecting! 
I am now in the beautiful mountains of Guatemala! It's incredible here! I only have one day here but I already love it! My new companion is Elder Guzman from Nicaragua! He had Elder Hintze as a trainer also so we are ¨brothers¨ in mission slang. I am really excited to be with Elder Guzman. He is ending his mission this next change so I'm just learning everything I can from him. 
It was hard leaving my Villa Nueva. I only had 1 change there but we saw many miracles. I left 12 baptisms there... So I was kind of wanting to stay there but it all is good! 

Antigua is awesome. Its the prettiest place. The whether reminds me of spring time Utah weather (on a good day, not the Utah spring where it snows and then is hot in the same day, but a nice cool Utah spring day where you can smell summer around the corner). Our area isnt in the city of Antigua but in the farms surrounding Antigua. The people are very humble and accepting. Its a complete change from Villa Nueva. Im really excited to be here! 

A smile changes everything. I noticed the other day that my face just hurt because I was smiling the whole day. It's something that never happened before the mission. ha I know that a smile makes a huge difference. I have learned so much about love here on the mission and I am so thankful for it. I love life. I love my mission. It's an attitude of the mind. It's an attitude of the soul. When we are reading the scriptures, praying steadfastly throughout our day, and live the gospel, our soul rejoices. All the things that Christ taught, that the church is teaching, that the Bible and the Book of Mormon teaches, all these things are from God, and God gave us these things that we may be happy. That is His one and only purpose, Our Happiness. Don't give thought to the everlasting lie that happiness and the Gospel are separate things. I always thought that they were different before I came here on the mission. I now have come to know in a personal way that the Gospel of our savior Jesus Christ is happiness. Real, true happiness that comes only through our savior Jesus Christ and His Gospel. I challenge all of you to experiment. Read the Book of Mormon every morning, Say a pray in your heart or in a private place every hour of the day, follow all the commandments as closely as possible and take the sacrament with a broken heart. Do this for a week and you will not be able to deny the results. The feelings felt. It's a well being of the soul. Alimento para su alma. Just do it and see for yourself. :)

LOVE YOU ALL! I thank you all for all the support!

Elder Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment