Wednesday, February 17, 2016

February 2, 2016

Hey everyone! This last week was a fun one!
 

The good and the bad. Ill start with the bad. So we have been preparing the Family Martínez for wedding and baptism. The parents (Juan and Victoria) and their son(Carlos) and his girlfriend (Flor). Carlos and Flor aren't 18 yet so we got all the paperwork done to get them married with consent of their parents. Everything was awesome. We waited in a line for 2 hours one day and another line for 4 hours the next day to get all their paperwork set up at the bank. I never thought I could do that in English and now i successfully did it in Spanish. haha but the bad is that the country of Guatemala decided to change a law this last week. They put a new law that states minors can't get married... so that was a Little hard to hear...

The good was that we married Juan and Victoria and it was incredible! The ward really helped! They haven't seen that many baptisms here so they are all ready to help out the missionaries now. This month of January was a good one. We would have had 6 baptisms, 3 being families,  this month if the law wasn't so difficult, but we brought some incredible people unto Christ and that's what really matters. Carlos and Flor will be getting married and baptized this next year when Flor turns 18. I will die when I receive that pic when I'm home.

It was a great week. A lot of tears of shed. Tears of happiness. It's such an incredible experience to see these dear friends that I am teaching change their lives. I have been a first hand witness to their changes of heart and when they are bearing testimony in tears I cant help but shed one or two with them.

I love the mission so much. It's crazy to think I am completing one year here in the mission this Thursday. I am not the same person I was before. I have come to know my Savior, and my Father who is in heaven. I have applied the atoning blood of Christ in my life and now I have the wonderful privilege to help others apply it as well. I've never been so happy.

I love you guys so much! Thanks for all the support!

Elder Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment