Tuesday, June 14, 2016

June 1, 2016

Hi All!

This week was a good one! We are working with great people and it's getting really exciting! We are going to be baptizing every Sunday this month of June! We have really been focusing in on priesthood holders and it's paying off because we have 4 men who we are preparing. We finally have sealed the deal with Tarzan for the 12th so that was soo nice! It took a lot of spiritual experiences with him before it was finally closed. We are baptizing Martin this Sunday so that will be awesome! He is the dad of this family that Elder Guzman and I baptized 2 months ago. I'm way excited about my area right now!

This is my favorite scripture. Moroni 10:32

32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ.

I remember when I was maybe 14 or 15 and I read this scripture and no other scripture had ever impacted my life more than this one had. Sometimes we overthink the gospel.
1-Come unto Christ (Follow Christ and his commandments)
2-Deny yourselves of all ungodliness (Get rid of the things that holds you back)
3-Love God with all your might, mind, and strength
Then is his grace sufficient. Grace=The power that Christ has to save. The power that He gained when He took upon Him the consequences of our sins.
Let Him perfect you. We are not perfect, but we are seeking to perfect ourselves.


Thanks for all the support! I love you all! ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!

Elder Buhrley

Guatemalan Smiles

No comments:

Post a Comment