Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August 30, 2016

Hey Everyone!

Well I just got a call a few hours ago from President Markham that I have emergency changes! I have to leave tonight. I am now heading to Boca del Monte (The mouth of the mountain) haha

I am really going to miss Chimaltenango! It's so crazy that I am leaving already! My time here has passed by soo fast! I am really going to miss all of my dear friends that I have made here! 

We baptized Ariel! He is a stud! It was a very special baptism (well, I guess every baptism is special) haha. Ariel is 16 and we are going to prepare him to leave on the mission when he turns 18! What a stud! The other day we got a call from our convert Gladis that she is starting her papers and preparing to serve a mission! How great is that! Angel didn't get baptized. We are still preparing Him, well, I guess I won't be but Elder Garcia and his new comp with have the great privilege to baptize him on the 11th of September. Gosh I love that guy so much. 

Well thanks for everything! As for my spiritual thought... Service is the only way to have a true conversion. The Gospel is perfect and also selfless. I was talking to a man the other day and about his conversion story. He was baptized 5 years ago with his family, and now they are the strongest family here is Chimaltenango. He said something along the lines of, "When you really get lost is serving others is the only way you can find yourself closer to God." Now the scripture that says, ¨lose yourself in my work in order to find yourself¨ starts to makes sense. I invite all of you to look for ways to serve someone else. To take the mirror out in front of your face and replace it with a window. There is no greater joy than helping others. 

I love you all! Have a great week!

Elder Buhrley


No comments:

Post a Comment