Tuesday, August 11, 2015

August 11, 2015

HEY EVERYONE!

This week had been really hard but really fulfilling! We baptized Karen! She is soo awesome! I am so proud of her! Something that I have learned is that every baptism has a problem. We are working hard and so is Satan. We got to the church and there was no water to fill the baptismal font. So we talked to the bishop and he is way cool; he handed his counselor his keys and told him to rush us up to the stake center and that he would call the bishop over there to fill the font. haha. So we drove to the stake center and threw her in the water! It was awesome! She will be such a good member! 

That was the good that happened this week. We had a good turn out at church with our investigators but we are having such a hard time to find new investigators. We are getting denied left and right but that's fine. Patience is an attribute of Christ and we are going to work even harder this week! 

I was so sick yesterday. My body hurt so bad and I had a fever. I felt absolutely terrible! I couldn't handle it! I couldn't go out and work which always sucks! Some people told me I had chichengua, which is something from mosquitoes, because my skin had red dots all over it. All I knew was that I was dying. A member came over and he and my companion gave me a blessing. After the blessing my body calmed down enough to sleep and when I woke up this morning I felt fine. The power of the priesthood is absolutely real. There is no doubt in my soul. I love it. I feel great and am so ready to go and work my tail off today. 

I was thinking a little this week about the simplicity of the gospel. I was reading in the Book of Mormon and Christ says, "Come unto me as a little child." I was thinking about this and when I was on a bus a little girl was laughing because we hit a bump. she couldn't control her laughter. haha and it clicked. We need to enjoy the simple things. The gospel really is a simple thing that we should enjoy. It gives us all the guidance that we need! God gave us this life that we might enjoy it! But the only way we will enjoy it is through the gospel! ha 

I am loving my companion. He has a good heart. He is so new to the gospel! It's a really good opportunity for me to share it with him. We are working hard but we are focusing on pushing ourselves even harder this week. We want to baptize 5 more people in this month so we are going to be killing ourselves. 

Thanks everyone for all the support! I love you all so much! 

Elder Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment