Tuesday, August 4, 2015

August 4, 2015


 HEYYY!!!

I just completed 6 months today! How weird is that!? Time on the mission really is a weird thing. I don't know how to describe it. I feel like I left yesterday but at the same time I feel like I haven't driven a car in years. Ha

Dang, this week has been a hard one! We are getting rejected in this new area! I am really learning how to work through the members because no way wants to listen if we just are knocking doors! There was also a big fair this week. It's like Palin-days. It's soo much bigger here than in the states though. They go crazy! We couldn't find any of our investigators this week! They were all at the fair!

Another blessing about Palin is that we get to wash our garments by hand because there is no member here to wash them for us. So... I used to really enjoy P-Day. But now its just a time to wash my garments. ha Que Bendicion!


We had a lesson with one of our investigators named Karen. She is a 40-yr-old mom who has the most sincere heart I've ever seen. Her husband died a few years ago so she works like crazy to support her 2 boys. We taught her tithing the other day, and we put a lot of stress on the blessing that she would receive from living this commandment. We asked her if she would follow it, and she just broke out into tears. She asked in the most sincere way, if there was anyway to receive these blessings if she couldn't pay the full tithe. I went on to read Nephi 3:7 and explained how God will help her. But she literally doesn't have anything of her own. All the money she receives goes to her kids. She barely has enough money to eat. We had the 2nd Counselor of the bishopric there so it was a great blessing that he was able to bear a testimony. I left that lesson feeling defeated. The next day we had a lesson with her in a member's house and the first thing she said was, "I'm getting baptized the 9th." haha we were like. alright! She had prayed and feels good. haha I love it when an investigator receives answers!

Palin is really cool. It's like perfect temperature always. There are no hills. It's more of a city area. The members like to just hand us food randomly. No complaints. But... I'm getting fat. It's really depressing. haha

Big news! Elder Russel M Nelson is coming here the 27th of this month! I am so pumped!!!

Love you all so much!

Elder Buhrley






No comments:

Post a Comment