Thursday, January 28, 2016

January 27, 2016

This week has been a good one!

Elder Apaza and I are really working hard in this area and we are seeing some great results! We are organizing 2 wedding this coming Saturday and then afterwards we are baptizing them! It's going to be a riot!

Miracle! This Wednesday, all of our appointments had fallen through and we decided to pass by one of our progressing families. We taught them and all that good stuff then when we were leaving the father got up to shake our hands to say goodbye and as he got up he passed out. He started falling down really slowing and his wife and I guided him to the couch. My companion and I explained the priesthood really fast and gave him a blessing. About 3 minutes after the blessing he was normal and felt good. He said, "I felt like the battery went out and when you two put your hands on me and blessed me the battery recharged and worked again." 

I love the priesthood and it was a really cool experience. He is a man of incredible faith. We gave this guy a Book of Mormon and handed him Moroni 10:3-5 to read. We passed by two days later and he said, "I read what you guys gave me and it was really interesting, so I started reading from the front page. I started at 7 and planned to read to 7:30 but when I next looked at the clock it was 10, but I still felt the desire to read. I finally stopped myself at 3am but I could have easily read all night." Then he went on to tell me the story of Joseph Smith and the witnesses and then how Nephi was incredible and he was explaining everything in incredible description. He read until 2nd Nephi and he told me that the book is 200% true. haha His name is Ismael and was truly prepared for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

His wife was also prepared. We have been teaching her and she has been changing so much in her life. He daughter was with us for a lesson and she started crying and thanking us because she has seen the change in her mother. All of us just sat there for a little while crying. The Spirit is incredible. She stopped drinking before we had even taught her the Word of wisdom. She is so lead by the Light of Christ. Her name is Patricia. She is the one who needs to get divorced and we are doing everything to get her divorced. God prepared this family and it's just a huge privilege to have been able to find them and now teach them.

I am really trying to work more in the residential areas. As a missionary it really bugs me how there and people in there who haven't had missionaries visit their house.. So my companion and I are working strategically to work more in the residential housing areas. We are experimenting in these areas, working the far corners and knocking doors. Ha, no one has told us we can't do it, so we are just going to wait until someone tells us. It's easier asking for forgiveness than to deliberately disobey. haha so we are just going to continue to do it until someone tells us we can't and we will be like, "We just want to share a message of Christ" and everything will be alright.

The Fam we are baptizing this weekend is incredible also.. I feel have already written enough tho so I won't bore you guys with them. haha

So that really sums it up for this week I think.... Thanks everyone!

Elder Buhrley


pics
My companion and I woke up at 4 this morning to go do some paper stuff at the bank for the wedding we are going to have this weekend. With our luck the bank was closed so we decided to hit Taco Bell so it was all worth it in the end. But tomorrow we have to wake up at 4 again. Its all good though! as long as we eat Taco Bell!

I found a yogurt with a broncos sticker on it and I didnt even care if it went bad three weeks ago I still bought it and have it in my room now. haha GO BRONCOS!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment