Thursday, December 8, 2016

December 7, 2016

Hey everybody!

I am so excited to be in our new area!!! It's so awesome! We are going to be able to talk to people who have never heard of Mormons! haha. There are two people who have gone to the temple here in our area... Elder Griffen and myself! haha We are going to see so many miracles and I am so excited for it! I just hope that Elder Griffen has the same experience in his training that I had in mine. I love my trainer, Elder Hintze, because he really helped me know Christ, and I will never be the same. I am forever grateful for him for that and I hope to have the impact on my new hijo Elder Griffen! :)
I had a ton of fun with Elder Donoso in just the one week that I was in Eterna Primavera! We worked our butts off and it was a blast! We used faith to see miracles! President told me that he was sending me there to just find a ton of people for Elder Donoso and his future companion. We did it! We had 13 in church and I felt good leaving that area better than I found it!
I love Christmas and Thanksgiving! What a great blessing it is to be in the mission at this time of the year. They don't really celebrate these holidays here very well but it's all good! ha It just feels good to be here and show by word and by act that I am thankful for my Savior and His life by serving Him. There is no better time of the year to be a missionary:)
One thing that I have been seeing a lot in my studies and with my investigators is the relationship between fear and faith. Faith and fear and completely opposites and cannot exist together. You either have faith or fear.
2 Tim 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit offearbut of powerand of loveand of soundmind."
Reading the story of Peter walking on water is also a great example of this truth.
Matt 14: 
 30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he wasafraidand beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord,save me.
 31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand,and caught him, and said unto him, thou of littlefaithwherefore didst thou doubt?
Also looking at the parable of the sewers in Matthew 25 and how Jesus responds to the worker who doubled his talents and the worker who hid his talent. 
 23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good andfaithful servantthou hast been faithful over fewthings, will make thee ruler over many things: enterthou into the joy of thy lord.
 24 Then he which had received the one talent cameand said, Lord, knew thee that thou art an hardman, reaping where thou hast not sown, andgathering where thou hast not strawed:
 25 And was afraidand went and hid thy talent inthe earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
 26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thouwicked and slothful servant.
As followers of Jesus Christ we cannot have fear, for perfect love casteth out all fear. Don't be afraid. When we live with fear, we are debilitated and weakened. Satan's greatest tool is fear. When we live according to our faith we are empowered from on high. Don't live your life with your fears, live with your faith and God will do wonders for you. 

I love you guys! Thanks for everything! 

Elder Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment