Thursday, December 8, 2016

November 10, 2016

Hey! 

We have been working really hard and it's been so fun! I have never been more tired in my life but its all worth it! I am loving every second of it! 

We have some great investigators that we are working with! We having been working to find families and we found them! The gospel of Jesus Christ blesses families! We have an incredible family of 6 that I love with all my heart! La familia Barahona. We have been having some of the most spiritually heart felt lessons with them. We found them in the street a couple weeks ago talking with people on our way to an appointment. The dad told us today in a lesson that that day that he left the house he asked God for help. He said that he wanted to know the truth but didn't know where to find it. He wanted to know what he was missing in his life. We found him that same day and as we have been visiting him he said that he feels like his life is becoming more full. He says that he feels joy that he has never been able to experiment. Today he just broke down into tears telling us how grateful he is. After that the wife starting talking about the way that the family has made a 180 degree turn for the better. She then bore her testimony of the Book of Mormon and how she received her answer from God that it was true. She said, "Its not how I expected to receive it, I thought maybe an angel would come or something great, but I just feel it and that's all that I need to know that the book is true." We were all emotional. At the end of the lesson the 15 year old son said a prayer and thanked God for saving his family. 

That's why I serve a mission. :) It was a lesson that I will remember the rest of my life.
Right now we are working on getting them married because the mom got married young and now its difficult to get a divorce. We have a member who is a lawyer who is working on all the paper work right now. Its just a bit sad because when they are finally going to get married and baptized I wont be here! But whats really important is that they will be getting baptized! 

I also got to go back to Chimaltenango the other day and saw my converts! There is nothing better than that! It was a good week! 

Well. I would just like to bear my testimony that I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that he payed for our sins and Atoned for all of us. I testify that He wishes to heal and clean every last one of us. The biggest miracle there is in this life is the miracle of being clean through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I love it when it finally clicks in an investigators head that they really can be clean for what they had done in the past and when they finally take that step to be clean it changes them forever. When was the last time the spirit told to your mind and conferred to your soul "Your sins are forgiven thee"? I love preaching repentance. I love living repentance. I love my Savior who makes it all possible. Its a true privilege to have His name on my lips all day everyday. 

Thanks for everything! I love you guys! 

Elder Buhrley




No comments:

Post a Comment