Tuesday, June 2, 2015

May 26, 2015

Hey!!!

This week was awesome! We had some success this week! We had a wedding and 4 baptisms. It was a solid and busy week. Hilda and Timoteo, who are the couple that walk over an hour to get to church, got married. We threw them a pretty awesome wedding if I do say so myself;) It turned out great. But it was so stressful. Being a wedding planner would suck. It was so awesome seeing them so happy. I LOVE EM!




We baptized an 8-year-old named German. He is what I imagine Hunter Apostolos being when he was 8. He is my little gangster. Undoubtedly the funniest kid in the whole world. Every lesson I'm dying laughing. A day before his interview for his baptism he said, "I drank coffee," and we just died. It was the biggest hit to the gut: an investigator can't drink coffee for the 10 days before his baptism. We just sat there with him in defeat. Then after he was like, "I don't want to get baptized anymore, I feel like all this is wrong." And we just died. And then he was like, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA PSYCHE!!!!! You should see your faces right now! HAHAHAHA I'm getting baptized this Sunday!" Hahaha, that little punk got us so bad. I couldn't stop laughing.

We baptized a 14-year-old named Danny. He is such a stud. We saw him in the street and like what we do for everyone we invited him to church. AND HE CAME! That never happens. But his neighbors are members so he came and fit in perfectly. His dad died when he was younger and his mom is working and i think that the church is the exact support that he needs.
We baptized Hilda and Timoteo! Man was that special! They are sooo great! It was awesome taking them down into the water and seeing how happy they were afterwards. They have such strong testimonies. They will be strong members for life. I feel so blessed to have baptized them.
The mission is such a great experience and I'm loving it. I love the gospel so dearly and feeling more love for it with every lesson i teach. Thanks for all the support! I feel your prayers! I love you all soo much!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment