Tuesday, November 24, 2015

November 24, 2015

HEY EVERYONE!

I am still in Palin! I am still with Elder Duran! I am soo happy to be with Elder Duran and to also be able to be here for NAVIDAD! CHRISTMAS!!

This week has been a really hard one. We got rejected by everyone! The only cool thing that happened was that we were in a little commercial thing. My mom has the video if you guys want to see it.   (This is Mom.  You can see the video here.)

I really dont have much to write. I sat in the sacrament meeting this Sunday absolutely defeated... I sat there in absolute despair just praying about what the heck more I could do. Nothing hurts more when you work you heart out and there are no fruits. We had 14 people who told us FOR SURE they were going to be at church.. and then passing them and they all had the stupidest excuses! AHHH it's so rough. I was completely defeated. I was praying, I wanted to receive my answers. 

"Where do you want me to go?! I'll go there! just tell me where! What am I doing wrong?! I'll fix it just please tell me! Why cant we see success?! What do I need to do Father?!" 

And then the Spirit just spoke peace to my soul. I felt terrible but it was all swallowed up in the Spirit. I felt peace. I know that what I had done this last week was acceptable in God's eyes. I know and testify that the Holy Ghost is the Great Comforter. He comes when we invite him. He is there when you need him. Christ really suffered everything: pains, sins, adversities, problems, absolutely everything. He suffered what you are suffering. He overcame what you are suffering. He knows how to comfort you. He will send the Holy Ghost and he will comfort you when you feel absolutely terrible. He will help you overcome your adversities.I know this is true. When you can't stand, kneel. Pray with all the power of your soul and you will receive what you are looking.

Ever since then I have finding a lot of ways to better myself as a missionary. My companion and I are already seeing miracles this week. We go through the hard because God is preparing us for the good. I don't know what will happen this week. I hope we will be able to see the good, but if we are rejected again... it's all good. There are some things that only God can control. 
Pics- My companion got a Christmas package and it had Christmas lights and a big Rudolf poster! We have our Christmas hats and our ties and are so pumped for Christmas!

This is my new district! I have the most time in the mission in my district which is soo weird! I feel like I entered yesterday! 

I love you guys so much! Thanks for all the support! 

Elder Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment