Friday, November 6, 2015

October 27, 2015

Hi Everyone,

This week went by so fast and I really don't have much to say.

This was a solid week and we worked really hard. It was a lot of fun and I am learning a lot everyday. Really, we are seeing miracles everyday. They are simple but so sweet. I love the mission field so much.

Man I really don't know what to say, we are just working hard but the people of Guatemala didn't go to church this last Sunday because they all voted for president.. stupid Jimmy Morales. So we didn't get all of our investigators to church.. That always kills.

On to the more spiritual stuff I guess..

I absolutely love the mission. I can't explain the changes I have made here in Guatemala. I love challenging people for baptism. We do it in every first visit and it's such an awesome experience. I came here on the mission to convert others but really I have found that I am converting myself. With every baptismal challenge, I put myself in my investigators shoes, and I am challenging myself. I look in their eyes and it reminds me a lot of myself. I was baptized when I was 8 but I wasn't converted until many years after. Once in my life I was just like them, and it doesn't matter who it is, a drunk, single mother of 5, a kid whose both parents have died, I feel an absolute connection to them all. With every baptism, I feel like I'm rebaptizing myself. I absolutely love the mission. I remember the beginning of my mission, lying down at night and thinking, "I don't know the language, no one wants to hear us, going home doesn't sound like the worst thing in the world." Something has really changed. I feel so changed through the Atonement. I love my Savior. If anyone is thinking about serving, just do it. But for all of you, remember that the gospel is something we can use to grow. Christ gave and suffered the Atonement so that we can change and become better. 

The Gospel is Joy. Alma 5:26-"And now behold, say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, would ask, can ye feel so now?" This scripture hit me hard the other day. Are we feeling the song of redeeming love? Are we changed by it?

Sorry this email was lame! I love you all!!

Elder Buhrley!

From letter to family: 
I'm healthy, I don't need anything. I feel soo good. haha Don't worry about me. I am all good!

Gosh I love you guys so much! Halloween! I will miss it soo much. I will be knocking doors in the rain. It's raining so much here and it just destroys. haha We are suffering but we are doing it with patience because God will bless. I am so stoked for the month. 

District leader. I was up til 11:30 the other night doing dats. haha I get to call my district every night and give them all advice and see how they are working. I get to direct the district meeting. I am always talking with the zone leaders. Really it's not that big of a deal. It's something fun. I enjoy being able to grow closer with my district. 

I love you guys. I don't have much to say. Enjoy halloween. I miss you guys a lot. I hope all is well. Only 2 months til christmas and we will talk! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment