Friday, November 6, 2015

October 20, 2015

Hey everyone!


This week has been crazy! I recieved my new companion, Elder Duran, who is from Honduras and just left his training. It's been so much fun to be with him. He is CRAZY but awesome! haha We are working on a few things! I love my companion!

This week was really weird. I got called as a district leader. It's been a big jump from being the junior companion to being a district leader. I am learning so much! It's such a great opportunity to be able to serve my district. DISTRITO PALIN!! haha today I got to direct my first district meeting! It was a lot of fun! 

I also did my first baptismal interviews! They were with the sisters of Cathy (I baptized her last month). There are 3 of them so I got to interview them and that was fun. They worship me! haha I think it's because I'm white, but I'll take it! They wanted my companion and me to baptize them so that was fun to dunk them all! 

We had a kid who was set to be baptized this Sunday but after a lesson with his dad, where we asked for permission, he won't be getting baptized until he is is 18.. Gosh it was so hard. The dad is like half pastor at an Evangelist church, and my companion started to bring up doctrine and started talking about the priesthood with him.. I wanted to slap my companion at that moment.. Never bring up doctrine with Evangelists, they are really hard hearted about their beliefs. It doesn't matter if the Bible says the opposite, they won't except it and it just makes them mad. It was such a hard experience because Anthony, the kid, who is 15, was crying after the lesson. I felt like I had failed him. Man it was a rough one...

Spiritual thought. Our mission President has often said, "Get down on your knees and pray, if you can't feel the Holy Ghost then you stay on your knees and pray until you can feel the Holy Ghost fill you." I love thinking about praying like that. Prayer is not a checklist. Prayer is something spiritual. You are literally talking to your Father in Heaven. You need to feel it, and if you don't feel it, stay there on your knees and pour out your soul unto you can feel it. 

I love you guys so much! Thanks for all the help and support! Enjoy your lives but always remember to put God first in all things! LOTS OF LOVE!

Elder Buhrley




No comments:

Post a Comment