Tuesday, January 12, 2016

January 12, 201

Hi Family and Friends!

This week was solid! We worked our tails off and it was a really good week of faithful finding and miracles. 

pic-my new district y Patuca
SO.. When I got here I really noticed how this area is a little rough. It's a bit hard. To start, I looked at the numbers of the area and the elders who have been here haven't had an investigator baptized in a long time, and also haven't met the norms of excellence that the mission has for a long time. It's kind of like I came into an area that is completely bare, no investigators whatsoever to work with. A lot of people have told me that it's a really hard area and that there aren't very many baptisms at all but my companion and I are choosing to not listen to that. There are baptisms to be found here.

So to start off I have really been focusing in on finding people by the Spirit. Having the faith to be able to find those people that God has been preparing. He knows who they are. He wants to help you find them, but you have got to listen and follow the Spirit to be guided to those people. Listening to the Spirit we found four very positive families. Two of those families went to church this Sunday and it was amazing to see the members support them. The families said that they felt incredible and have found the church that they like. I'm so pumped for them! They both need to get married so we are working with a few lawyers to see who can do it for cheap:) 

Something funny that's going on is that we have a puppy. haha it's the house owners and he puts in on our patio. Pituca loves to play with us. She loves to do it so much that she will even start scratching the door and barking at us at 3 or 2 in the morning... haha what a blessing!  

This week I have been studying a talk by Elder Gene R Cook, ¨Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ¨ Go look it up! It's incredible. I've always had faith but never have had the way to be able to use it. This talk explains how we can make faith something powerful to achieve whatever goal that we may have. I have be seeing miracles in this area because I have been putting into practice this talk. It's incredible. I know that God will work miracles in our behalf when we exercise faith in him. 

That's it! Thanks for everything! I love you all so much! 

Elder Buhrley




No comments:

Post a Comment