Friday, January 8, 2016

December 22, 2015

Hey everyone!


I can't believe i'ts almost Christmas. I honestly can't feel it at all. I'm still sweating my eyes out in the wonderful sun of Guatemala. haha 


We baptized Olga Vasquez! I love her so much! God really does prepare people. She had problems with coffee and was living with her "husband". She had a doctor tell her that coffee was destroying her liver and she had a hard time giving it up, but when we got to her house and taught her the word of wisdom she said that gave her enough strength to quit coffee. When we first met her also her "Husband" had left her a few weeks earlier! SHE WAS SO PREPARED! Its a great privilege to be able to teach her. 

 This Christmas, I'm going to go to a member's house and eat with them at 12.30. It's going to be a riot! We are going to the Juarez house and are eating tamales all the night. Tamales are maza, which is ground up corn and water, with a little chicken and peppers in the middle. ha. It's going to be a little different this year than the past year. 

We have a lot of investigators who are progressing and going to church. It's such a blessing to be able to help these people come to Christ. I love the mission so much. 

Everyone should throw a little something spiritual into their Christmas celebration. This is such an awesome time to remember our savior and what he did for us. It's something personal and we should seek to have a personal relationship with our Savior. I love you all so much and am so thankful for everything that you guys do for me. What a blessing it is to have you in my life:)

Elder Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment