Friday, January 8, 2016

January 6, 2016

Hey!

This week was crazy! We got the call that we had transfers and that I was leaving for Villa Nueva! It's in the capital. I got to say goodbye to all my converts and the members and it was something special. Tears were shed. I will forever remember Palin and all my 6 months I had there. 

I am now in Villa Nueva and it's on of the hardest areas in the mission. All we have are gated comunities.. You can't enter the gated communities if you don't have a name of the person, address, and they have to send a piece of paper that says that they are accepting you. So.. we can't knock doors, we can't every talk to people in the street! It bugs me so bad passing by houses and not knocking them, and seeing a nice couple walking with their child in the street and not being able to contact them... This area is going to be pushing me a lot. It's going to be a game of intelligence and strategy to be able to baptize here. We are going to make incredible relationships with the members and they will give us their friends to baptize hopefully. haha 
Saying goodbye to Elder Duran sucked. He is a very close friend. I had come to love that guy so much.

My new area is cool. There is a Domino's and a Little Cesear's and McDonald's. But I got really fat during Christmas so I am going to back off from the food. haha The members in Palin absolutely killed Elder Duran and I with food! It hurt at some points! They threw a party for me when I left and everyone was there! It was soo good to see all the special people that I was able to teach! I reactivated some families too and it was soo special to see them. One family that is really special to me started crying and I am so happy to have been able to know them. I love the mission
My new companion is from Peru. His name is Elder Apaza. He is 25. So that's been something different, making the change from Elder Duran who turned 18 and left right to the mission and Elder Apaza who is the other extreme. ha I can already tell Elder Apaza and I are going to get along. We are going to have to work ourselves harder than ever to be able to have success here.  It's something new and I'm excited for this! 

I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so thankful that I am able to represent Him. I am so grateful to be part of his church. The church that he is guiding in these days so that we may be able to receive direction on how to be happy. It's incredible that we have been given such a great privilege as this. To know the truth and be able to follow it. If you don't know if it were true, pray to God, and he will tell you. We can't go through the motions and be alright. Only the true converted people will be able to stay in the light. It's the difference from Nephi and Laman and Lemuel. Nephi prayed to God to receive an answer. Laman and Lamuel did not. 

I love you guys so much! Thanks for everything! 

Elder Buhrley








No comments:

Post a Comment