Monday, April 25, 2016

April 13, 2016

Hey everyone! This week was awesome!

I want to start off with the big miracle that my companion and I saw. After the priesthood session of General Conference with the talk by Elder Nelson about the power of the priesthood, I had been praying a lot to really understand the power of the priesthood I hold and I have been asking God what I need to have more priesthood power. I received an answer this last Wednesday. Elder Sorto had contacted Carlos in the street Tuesday and put a lesson with him for Wednesday. We got to the house of Carlos and Carlos showed us his wife who was on her death bed. She had been in bed and hadn't eaten anything for over a week. She couldn't talk or hear. She looked horrible, but this humble family in the tin house couldn't afford any medical treatment. I just felt deep in my chest that we needed to give her a blessing and Elder Sorto felt the same. We gave her a blessing declaring that she would receive full health. The family was very thankful and we scheduled a lesson with them for another day. While on divisions with Elder Cox we were working close to the house of Carlos and Maria so I decided to see how they were doing. I knocked the door and Maria answered it. She was walking. She had been healed. She then gave us thanks with tears in her eyes. Carlos and Maria both went to church this last Sunday and are preparing for the 24th for their baptism. God is a God of miracles. His power is here in the earth and its held by the worthy priesthood holders of His church. 

This last week was full of miracles. We found 5 families who are progressing. It feels so good to teach and testify to families that they can be together forever and that God has prepared a way for them to have a complete joy in the life through the gospel that he gave us through His son.

So.. My fam went to Hawaii. I felt that I needed to throw down some money also so I invited some Elders to Dominoes on divisions. haha It was Elder Rosas' birthday.

Love you all! Thanks for all the support!

Elder Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment