Monday, April 25, 2016

April 5, 2016

Hey everyone! This week was crazy! It was a lot of fun though!

So my companion and I were really stoked for this week and our plans changed rapidly. I hadn't had a personal study in 2 weeks so on Friday I got Elder Sorto up nice and early to be able to have a personal study. We got 15 minutes of study when we got a call from President saying that we needed to find the sisters in our zone a new house that same day.. So we didn't get to study but instead we went to find the hermanas a house. Something happened with the Hermanas that... well.. if it were to happen with Elders no action would have taken place, but with hermanas it's a little different. Gotta protect the Hermanas! :) So my companion and I spent the whole day working our hardest to find them a house in the hardest housing market in all of Guatemala. It was rough! But at the closing of the day we found them a house and we, with members help, moved the hermanas' stuff from their old house to the new house. We finished really late and had to get up early again the next day to clean their old house and then talk with the landlord and do paperwork. With conference and that experience we didn't work in our area for 2 days. haha but it was a fun little adventure.

Conference was incredible! I loved every second of it! I took 3 questions into Conference and received answers to all of them! It's incredible to have set apart men and women like them! 

Sunday night Elder Sorto and I called some converts but they didn't answer the phone. We called them 4 times, because Guatemalans never answer the first or second time, and they still didn't answer. We then felt that we needed to pass by their house, so we followed our feelings. We found the young couple crying together with their kids in a different room. My companion and I followed the feelings and thoughts that were given to us by the Holy Ghost and we were able to find out exactly what was going on. They had been fighting and were having troubles in their marriage. With everything that my companion and I were able to learn from Conference about marriage we were able to help them and give them the advice that helped them in that moment. There are so many experiences like that in the mission and it feels so good to know that God is guiding you. Look for ways to be an instrument in the Lords hands! 

I don't have time! Love you guys! 

Elder Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment