Thursday, April 21, 2016

March 8, 2016

Wow! Time flies!

This past week was really good. We did divisions almost every day. Divisions are so draining! The only day we didn't do divisions my companion, Elder Guzman, got really sick and we had to go to the hospital. I wanted to die sitting in a hospital for 24 hours without being able to do anything. I got to write letters to my converts which was something nice. 

Our wedding didn't happen.. Guatemalan law is so dumb. We had to do some more stuff with the paperwork but Martin and Ana are getting married tomorrow and Ana is getting baptized this Sunday. We are also baptizing Karla this Sunday so that should be good. 



Today was my first zone training. My companion and I got to talk to the whole zone and it was cool. We talked about excuses. Really, excuses are from Satan. God is not a God of excuses. We just said, "We are not going to listen to any more excuses. From this day forward, no excuses. We know that things happen and that we don't always meet goals but we don't want to hear why you didn't meet them. We want to hear what you are going to do differently in the future to meet them. "

Our minds are so powerful. Sometimes, well not sometimes, about all the time we are the ones who limit ourselves. "The members don't work with us, our Bishop isn't very supportive, our ward mission leader doesn't do anything, no one wants to listen to us, etc..." We put these barriers in our mind. Barriers that are between us and success. Moroni 7:33 We are able to do all Christ is able to do. Do you think that God limits us? Absolutely not; we are the ones that limit ourselves. We put these imaginary barriers in our minds. We build our own excuses and doubts (with a huge help from Satan). 2nd nephi 27:23.. I invite you guys to read chapter 17 of 1st Nephi. It teaches how we need to work in order to have success. Look deeply into the example of Nephi and how he built that ship. 
I love my mission. I'm so proud to be a representative of the Lord. I love this time I am having in Guatemala. I love my Savior and am so grateful for all that he has done for me. I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost in my life, teaching me and guiding me through it all. I love my Father who is in Heaven. I love life. Thanks for everything and all the support! Love you all! 


Elder Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment