Tuesday, April 21, 2015

April 21, 2015


This week has been so much fun! The weeks are passing by so fast!   We Got a BAPTISM!!! Pablo Puh is my homie! We went to a member's house and asked if she had fam we could teach and she said no. But then this little homie comes from behind the door and was like, "I want to go to church." haha It's her nephew so we taught him and three short weeks later we baptized him. He is such a stud and a future missionary. He is 12 and is going to come on some lessons with us. ha His baptism was so sweet, President Markham and his wife (the Guatemala mama) dropped in and said some 
words. It was special.

I'm getting more and more comfortable with my Spanish. It's still terrible but I'm  getting better. We had a big group of 3 families and were teaching the first lesson. Because they were so big they were kind of encircled around us. I brought up a scripture and had to stand up  to hand a guy the book. Then after he read it he handed it to me and then i started to preach standing in front of all these people waving a Book of Mormon at them testifying of Christ. I literally felt like a southern baptist pastor. I just yelled at them and they loved it. I love yelling at people. They love us here. 

It's either 1000 degrees with 100% humidity or it's raining like you are in a shower. It's so awesome. Patulul has to be one of the best places in the world. The people here are sooo sweet. I was walking the other day through a rainstorm and the streets were completely flooded. I hit some spots where the water was halfway up to my knee. It gets crazy! but I love the rain!

We made the tightest t shirts as a district. I'll put a pic up. We went to this guy and he was so pumped. He is a crazy evangelio so he put "piense grande porque dios es grande!" haha They are so swag! 

I'm loving my mission so much!! Thank everyone for all the support! You have all blessed my life in many different ways! Thank you all soo much!

Elder Buhrley





No comments:

Post a Comment