Sunday, April 19, 2015

March 19, 2015


 OMG IT'S BEEN SO CRAZY!! 

I am in a little town on the coast called Patulul writing in a ´computer shop´ right now. haha It's so awesome to finally be out in the field. I don´t understand much but I do understand the Spirit and it has guided me so far. I left the mtc at 5 in the morning on Tuesday and I'm so happy to be out of that place! We stayed in the city my first night in a crammed missionary home. It's so crazy to see these older *gringos* speak perfect Spanish and it gives me hope. 

Anyways, I had the special opportunity to hear from an Apostle yesterday. President Anderson came and talked to our mission and it was the coolest thing ever. I literally understood so little but it was such a special Spirit. He spoke about Central America and the Lamanites and we read 1 Nephi chapter 15 verse 14. It's so cool. Everyone here believes in Christ. it's just a matter if I am able to explain why they need to follow His commandments. SO EXCITED! I am going to baptize everyone! 

My companion is Elder Hintze... He is from Centerville Utah and has 3 months left on his mission. He is the coolest guy to ever live. It's so nice to have a companion who can teach me everything. He has been kicking my butt and it's just awesome.  I am so blessed. He was an assistant to the Prez and they pulled him down to teach me. I am so happy. We have been waking up a few hours early in the morning so he can teach me. He is 6 foot 5 and he has the stride of Usan Bolt. I jog while he is walking. "We are on the Lord's time, there is urgency in this work"-Elder Hintze

 I love my mission prez. He is the coolest guy. He and I are going to get along just fine. ha

I taught a few lessons... kinda. I don´t know whats going on half the time so I just try to listen to that Spirit and testify. The other day we were teaching a lady who didn't want to get baptized and I was able to be guided by the Spirit and say some inspired things. I feel great!

Thanks for all the support! I feel it so much! Just remember that I'm praying about you guys all the time!

Elder Buhrley

No comments:

Post a Comment